Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The facebook economy is around the corner

When I logged onto facebook today I saw that one of my friends created a whole photo album of t-shirts. The shirts were professionally photographed and the album title was the name of the company, Bambu Clothing. People started commenting on the pics, “I like them – where do I buy them?” This is where facebook can make serious $$$.

They let the girl upload the photos and make her pay X cents per tag. If someone clicks on the shirt they get redirected to the t-shirt company website and facebook charges another X cents. If a purchase is made, facebook makes a % of sale. This is a what a facebook economy or enhanced social networking will look like. Users and brands alike can make money.

It’s the future and it’s going to evolve with or without us.

No comments: